Sunday, May 10, 2009

Take a Step Back

So I've decided to switch up my nutrition plan a bit. I don't think I quite have the carb, protein, fat ratio figured out for my body yet. My new plan has a bit more protein and a little less fat so we'll see how I feel.

I've been doing pretty good overall. My workouts have been awesome - good intensity and focus. The weather is getting nicer so I have been able to squeeze in an extra workout at night which I love! My nutrition has been about 98%. My goal this week is to clean it up. I've wanted to cheat at least twice today and my husband politely reminds me "That's not on your nutrition plan." HA! Bless him...he's the one who has to hear me complain about how crappy I feel if I cheat so he's getting smart...he just doesn't let me eat it! :)

Sometimes we need to take a step back and look at the progress we've made over the past few months or years. When I look at my body on a daily basis, I don't see any changes. Last year I got married and I remember thinking my arms looked good. I had lost quite a bit of weight for the wedding and my arms were toned. We'll I was looking at those pic's and there is a BIG difference in my arms today than just 1 year ago. On a day to day basis it's easy to get frustrated and feel like you're not making progress, but step back for a moment and look at what you've accomplished. It was definitely time for me to step back. It has renewed my motivation and drive. I still want to gain more muscle and shed the unwanted fat on my butt/thighs, but I'm getting there!!

Keep Pushing Forward...You'll Get There One Step at A Time!!
H

No comments: