Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's All About Commitment!

Every day you wake up, you are forced to make decisions. Some are very easy decisions and some are very difficult decisions. So why are some decisions so hard for us to make? It's simple...it's all a matter of commitment. Often times we know what the right thing to do is, but for some reason we don't do it. Have you ever gone to work and someone has brought in doughnuts for everyone, and you tell yourself "oh, it's just one doughnut, it won't kill me." Well you're right, it's not going to kill you, but it also won't help you achieve your health goals. So why is that decision so hard...because you haven't made a conscious decision to be committed to a healthy lifestyle. Once you make that commitment, you no longer have to make the decision of whether or not you are going to eat the doughnut. The decision has already been made for you. You made that decision the moment you made a commitment to live a healthy lifestyle.

Today my fiance and I decided to grab a sandwich at Quizno's. I would always choose something off their lite menu. Well, when it was finally my turn to order, I didn't see the lite menu listed anywhere so I asked the gentleman working if they still made the sandwiches on the lite menu. He told me they discontinued those sandwiches. So after scanning the menu to see if there were any other healthy options, I decided not to order a sandwich. They simply didn't have any healthy menu options, and since I have made a commitment to live a healthy lifestyle, the decision to pass on eating at Quizno's was easy - the decision was already made for me. Thankfully, my fiance is incredibly supportive of my lifestyle and made sure we stopped somewhere else that offered a healthy menu.

So with that, I encourage all of you to stay committed to a healthy lifestyle, and once you do, the choices you are faced with everyday will no longer be a difficult decision for you. Your decision has already been made!! -H

No comments: