Sunday, April 29, 2007

80% Nutrition

Are you one of those people that works out regularly, but never seems to be able to slim down? Well, you may need to take a look at your nutrition throughout the day. See many of us workout so we can eat whatever we want. Unfortunately, that is the very reason we don't see the changes we desire. We are constantly changing our workout routine, but we don't change our diet. Your nutrition makes up 80% of what your figure looks like. Can you believe that...80%!! That is astounding! The other 20% is made up of 10% genetics and 10% physical activity. So when you look at that, you can clearly see just how important your nutrition is when it comes to accomplishing your health and fitness goals.

Most people struggle with the nutrition aspect since you can't just do it for one hour a day 4-6 days a week like you do with your workouts. You must focus and be committed to eating healthy 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Living healthy truly is a lifestyle.

My fiance and I took a little trip this weekend. Being away from home can make it very difficult to stick to that healthy lifestyle, but it's a must. I made sure I packed some oatmeal for breakfast, protein shakes to ensure I was getting enough protein as well as some almonds, raisins and apples. Although we still had to eat out, I made sure we ate a healthy breakfast and had healthy snack options for the day. I was able to make sure I ate every 2-3 hours. Again, it all goes back to commitment. It does take more planning and preparation to eat healthy, but trust me your body will thank you!! You are worth it!!

No comments: