Friday, March 13, 2009

My Favorite Clean Eats

Happy Friday!

I wanted to share a couple of my lastest addictions with you. I love these clean foods so much I eat them every day.

The first is edamame. It's actually a soybean that is nutritionally loaded with a ton of good stuff. It has fiber, protein, antioxidants, and iron. What more could you ask for in a little bean? I usually roast them and put them on my salad, in an omelet, or eat them by themselves as a snack. Thanks to the fiber and protein they do a great job of keeping me full. They are delish!

The second item that I cannot live without right now is Ezekiel bread. This certainly isn't anything like your typical slice of bread. It's actually flourless! It's made from whole grain and legumes, which when combined create a complete protein. It contains all 9 essential amino acids and is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. It's more dense than your average slice of bread. It also costs a bit more, but it's worth it! I prefer it toasted with a bit of natural peanut butter. It is simply wonderful!!

So if you're headed to the grocery store this weekend, I highly recommend you give these two clean foods a try! I think you'll love them as much as I do!

Eat Clean -
H

No comments: